Genus (Parent company to ABS Global, PIC and R&D/IntelliGen) is a global FTSE 250 company, headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange. With revenues of around £500 million, Genus has a presence in over 70 countries, with a global workforce of approximately 3,200 employees. One of the best performing stocks on the London Stock Exchange, the Company’s market capitalization is around £2 billion. We are a worldwide leader in porcine and bovine animal genetics, partnering with farmers to transform how we nourish the world – a mission that is important to a sustainable future.
Each generation of animals is selected based on a number of desired traits, including greater health, fertility, productivity or feed efficiency. With superior animal genetics, Genus helps its customers in the dairy, beef and porcine supply chains around the world produce offspring with improved robustness, superior production efficiency and greater sustainability. Genus’s vision of “pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world” is supported by its core values to be customer-centric, results-driven, pioneering, people-focused and responsible.
For more information on our student program, please visit- www.startingatgenus.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Technical and Genetic Services Intern – available in our headquarters – DeForest, WI with travel opportunities (we help with relocation costs if needed).
Overall Responsibilities: The TAG Intern works closely with the Technical and Genetic Services (TAG) Team to support our salesforce to keep and acquire ABS partner accounts. The intern will assist with the use of all TAG tools and the development of new initiatives for the business.
· Distributes ABS TAG tools to stakeholders.
· Supports TAG team keeping in line with customer expectations
· Prepares loads, processes herd data thru the GMS computer program (ABS mating program) and provides professional and courteous service to external and internal customers.
· Report creation and data analysis. Ensuring that herd information is processed accurately to minimize turnaround time.
· Maintain an understanding of the genetic science involved with servicing accounts to help problem solve and satisfy requests from external and internal customers
· Farm visits to assist in trainings, customer meetings and report presentations
· Working with the Technical and Genetic Services Specialists as well the Global Head of Technical and Genetic Services, the intern will also have an opportunity to be exposed to other departments during the internship.
· Opportunities to learn Artificial Insemination of cows and the ABS IVF program available
Qualifications and Experience:
· Pursuing a degree in Animal Breeding, Agricultural Business, Genetics, Animal Science, Dairy Science, or related field.
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior, senior or recent graduate at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university
- Willingness to travel (Internship will be on road approx. 30% of time, 70% will be office based)
· Experience with MS Excel an asset.
· Professional attitude and work ethic.
· High multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Team-oriented attitude.
· Valid driver’s license
- The ability to speak, read and write in Spanish an asset, but not required.
- Live and display the Genus values at all times in their day-to-day activities.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the team
- Gain an understanding of the company’s business and the team’s role within the company.