The Teacher Aide is responsible for working collaboratively with a Lead teacher and Assistant Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a Head Start classroom with a total of 14 to 20 children. The position also partners with family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follows the curriculum as scheduled in partnership/under advisement of Lead and Assistant.
• Supports lesson planning and implementing learning experiences as assigned and contributing to the assessment of children’s development.
• Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy learning environment, including maintaining required adult-child ratio and proper supervision of children at all time.
• Supports the social and emotional development of children and using “positive guidance” approaches to dealing with challenging behaviors.
• Interacts with children in an appropriate and supportive manner.
• Encourages the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families
• Works effectively with other teaching team in the assigned classroom and center.
• Follows all Acelero Learning policies and procedures related to health, safety, nutrition, and other aspects of center operations.
• Ensures adherence to assigned schedule by reporting to work on time and communicating proactively with Center Director and Early Learning/Disabilities Specialist in the event of any changes to schedule.
• Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
• Performs any and all other duties (or functions) as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
• Obtain CPR and First Aid within the first year of employment.
• Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.