Consulting Utility Arborist | College Station, TX
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
Company: ACRT, Inc.
ACRT is currently seeking experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career. This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Arborists perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related fields
- Strong tree ID skills required
- Ability to obtain Arborist/Utility ISA certification along with pesticide applicators license
- Ability to work independently in all weather conditions
- Experience in utility vegetation management experience a plus
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities.
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Utility experience a plus
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- · Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid Driver License required
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families:
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
- Employee Referral Program
- ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)