Job Title: Field Technician
- Process and consolidate various chemicals, including bio-hazardous materials
- Perform Decontaminations and onsite safety inspections
- A requirement to wear a respirator
- Assist teams on Confined Space projects
- Label and organize containers in compliance with all regulations
- Inspect hazardous waste storage areas and documentation
- Respond to emergency situations when called upon
- Clean facility as directed by client
- Assist with shipping hazardous waste, including biological waste
- Attend and maintain all required training necessary to perform job
- Perform safe work practices involving chemical, radiological and bioactive agents
- Availability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
- Skills and Experience
- One (0-1) year prior experience in the hazardous materials/waste industry
- HAZWOPER 40 hour preferred
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background screen, physical and drug screen
- Knowledge of the hazardous waste industry
- Awareness of compliance and safety regulations of the industry
Education and Training
- High school education or equivalent
· ACTenviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
· This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties of someone in this position would perform. All employees of ACTenviro are expected to perform tasks assigned by ACTenviro management/supervisory personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties
About ACTEnviro Santa Fe Springs
ACTenviro is a nationally recognized, employee-owned company involved in all facets of hazardous waste management. As a single-source provider of hazardous and biological waste management, recycling, disposal, treatment, health and safety, and compliance services, ACT is at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution.
ACTenviro is a Forward-Thinking, Professional Organization with Family Values and Customer Commitment.
Please visit www.actenviro.com to learn more about ACT.