Overview: The Education department at ADL NYNJ is in search of two interns for the full-year (fall& spring). This is a fully remote, internship with the option for class credit.
Positions are open to geographic area.
Downstate Intern: Students enrolled in college based out of NYC, Long Island, or Westchester area.
Upstate Intern: Students enrolled in college in or above Rockland County or students who are have previously participated in programs led by the ADL Albany office.
In close collaboration with the Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) New York/New Jersey Assistant Directors, Education Interns will learn about the various work of ADL Education, assist in administering anti-bias programming, and work on creating anti-bias and social justice content for K-12 schools.
This is a fully remote, with the option for class credit. Interns will work 2-3 days per week, approximately 10 hours per week and are expected to work for at least two semesters.
- Provide administrative support to the regional education team with specific focus on our ADL Education program No Place for Hate ®
- Serve as a liaison to No Place For Hate® coordinators and schools
- Create content for ADL NY/NJ Education to be shared via regional newsletters, regional website, and regional social media
- Design anti-bias-based content to be shared with K-12 schools in the regional area
- Assist with marketing and expansion of ADL NY/NJ Education programs
- Assist in managing registration and technical features of virtual large-scale events
- Strong project management, organization, and time management (required)
- Ability to multi-task and engage in multiple projects simultaneously (required)
- A history, either through college courses or work/training experience, with educational practice, social justice, and/or programming (required)
- Knowledge of social justice topics (required)
- Ability to successfully work remotely (required)
- Research and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with Zoom and other virtual video communication platforms
- Familiarity with school systems within the New York region
- Knowledge of ADL’s educational programming and mission
- Previous experience in curriculum development/facilitation
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate program in the geographic region(required)
- Enrollment in an academic major, interdisciplinary major, and/or minor with a focus on education and/or social justice