Roving Assistant Property Manager
(Roving throughout the Twin Cities Area)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced administrative and customer service professional to join our team as the Roving Assistant Property Manager! The Roving Assistant Property Manager will support Aeon properties throughout the Twin Cities area with resident customer service, leasing and general operations. The Roving Assistant Property Manager reports to the Portfolio Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
· Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
· Compliance: Support the Property Manager in achieving overall compliance of the property, including, but not limited to collecting, processing and properly filing of the required information.
· Property Finances: Lead the entire rent collection process including: issuing receipts to residents, preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters. Support Property Manager with lease termination and legal action, if necessary. Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
· Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
· Physical Asset: Support the Property Manager to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
· Previous property management experience and/or at least two years of administrative support experience is required
· Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc. is required
· Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
· Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
· Strong computer literacy skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1885052.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.