ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make meat from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is a subsidiary of Kiverdi, Inc. – a research and technology company working on the science of carbon transformation to create game changing products and systems.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Head of Culinary Innovation is responsible for delivering the vision and execution of Air Protein’s product experiences, including participating in all aspects of product development and sales. As the founding member of the Culinary team, this individual is responsible for incorporating nutrition, sustainability, and taste into the culture of our company, as well as building the team, facilities, and other foundational culinary resources to support Air Protein growth.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Work closely with product development to ensure AP products deliver leading taste and nutrition through offering ongoing feedback on taste, texture, nutritional and culinary expectations
- Act as the voice of the Customer and Consumer throughout product development; work closely with R&D and Marketing to deliver a 2-4 year innovation roadmap
- Responsible for incorporating leading culinary trends, nutritional and clean label requirements, and process technology / manufacturing innovation into
- Lead the vision and execution of investor and customer experiences while establishing Air Protein’s unique brand and taste
- Lead and participate in sales process through building and leveraging relationships in the foodservice and retail sectors and delivering best in class eating experiences
- Lead the development of AP culinary team as required
- Contribute to facilities design as Air Protein builds its first facilities, and develop the designs for a culinary innovation and customer experience center
- Develop recipes with Air Protein products to lead the industry in taste and nutrition
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- 10+ years in Commercial Culinary roles at ingredient, retail, or food service organization
- Experience with meat analogues and post-production manipulation of extruded products
- Knowledge of current food manufacturing techniques including flavor modulation, extrusion, and systems development
- Deep relationships in food service industry
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and external audiences.
- Possess a customer first mentality with all stakeholders.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and standards.
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Act with a high level of awareness and sensitivity to exceptional customer service when dealing with external and 3rd parties. Be transparent, guiding, high-touch, and show mature judgment and professionalism at all times. When in doubt, go above and beyond expectations to deliver a great experience.
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.