ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make meat from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is a subsidiary of Kiverdi, Inc. – a research and technology company working on the science of carbon transformation to create game changing products and systems.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Manager, Compliance and Trade Secrets is responsible for identifying, and developing programs and processes to securely maintain the integrity of Air Protein’s intellectual property, trade secrets, and novel ideas, ingredients and products.
- Catalog Kiverdi trade secrets throughout the organization including but not limited to engineering, R&D, product and culinary, etc.
- Develop trade secret management program and employee training to support the ongoing protection of Air Protein’s property
- Integrate and engage with third party providers who may have access to Air Protein trade secrets to establish procedures for data handling, distribution, maintenance and cataloging
- Manage CRO/CMO interactions and database of which trade secrets are shared with each third party operator
- Create a comprehensive strategy for the ongoing management of intellectual and scientific property
- Lead the build and management of our compliance programs; Integrate with the broader food safety program, FSMA, FDA and operations to ensure compliance with respect to food safety, regulatory and other local, state and federal compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 5-10 years of relevant experience with specific experience with establishing compliance or trade secrets management systems and practices in the biotech industry
- Understand bioprocessing/fermentation industries
- Experience in a role in which you had to establish and educate team members on processes, tools, and best practices for compliance
- Team player who demonstrates initiative and integrity while being able to work with little supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and external audiences
- Possess a customer first mentality with all stakeholders
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and standards
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Analyzes reactions from their audiences to evaluate the success of design or implementation of brand tactics; Understands the company’s objectives and takes appropriate measures to gain consensus and correct unsatisfactory performance and results
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen with an understanding of the implications of new technology development processes
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive differentiator
- Preferred regulatory experience in food safety, chemical polymerization, aquaculture, pet and human foods
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.