At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Alight Campus- Server Administrator
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, must graduate between December 2021 – June 2022. Expected Start Date: July 2022.
· Administration of Windows and Linux servers in an Enterprise environment.
· Installations and Upgrading the Linux and Windows platforms.
· Demonstrate a technical understanding of enterprise system and network technologies.
· Troubleshooting system-related issues to resolution.
· Optimize, install and configure Operating Systems.
· Establish and maintain effective policies and procedures.
· Monitoring and fine-tuning of servers for optimal performance.
· Willingness to learn other application software as needed to be able to provide the support.
· Ownership on high-priority tickets and facilitating them to proper closure.
· Implement/maintain Corporate Data Security and Compliance guidelines as directed.
· Provide on-call technical support via pager as required.
· The Candidate should have a technical understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems.
· The Candidate will be responsible for creating applicable Support Documentation and Processes.
· Presentation skills and working experience with Office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, Project, and Visio would be a plus.
· It is desirable that the Candidate be able to learn and gain proficiency in new technologies quickly as well as be able to work independently towards well-defined goals.
· Experience with cloud-based system technologies would be added value.
· Experience with system scripting languages would be of value.
· Should be flexible to work during maintenance windows planned.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Willing to take responsibility and ownership instead of waiting to be assigned work.
· Enable and support the team in resolving day-to-day production issues, application upgrades and patches, performance analysis, disaster recovery implementation, capacity planning and other activities as may be necessary.
· Available on call to drive major incident / outage resolutions.
· Excellent Documentations skills.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, must graduate between December 2021 – June 2022.
Expected Start Date: Summer 2022.
Alight’s Early Career Development Program
Alight’s early career development program, Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. The program is focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated educational program designed to build practical business and leadership skills.
Our program offers an opportunity to leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. We offer instructor-led, web-based, on-the-job training, mentor support and extensive networking with our development platform to help you achieve success.
- Build business networks and partnerships, globally
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen, to drive client engagement and business outcomes
- Grow core impact skills and competences, to enhance your career growth
Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People Matter.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.