Indy Paws Veterinary Hospital is a family-oriented veterinary practice on the East side of downtown Indianapolis. After acquiring the practice in December 2017 after 10 years under the previous owner, Dr. Kiersten Wiley has worked to expand the practice’s offerings and improve quality of care. We are excited to offer the opportunity for a veterinary student externship with our practice!
About Indy Paws:
- Busy general practice that sees a varied caseload daily
- Appointments from 8:15 am to 5:45 pm Monday-Friday and 8am-11:30am Saturdays
- Several local emergency clinics nearby, requiring no after-hours/on-call
- Alliance partnership with nearby hospitals, allowing for referrals for advanced diagnostic procedures and collaboration in complicated cases and additional student insight to complicated case workups.
- Renovation of half to the clinic in early 2018, adding a sterile surgical suite (with CO2 laser), treatment/prep area, dog ward with separate cat area with updated break and laundry room
- Practice best medicine utilizing our full Abaxis in-house laboratory; Antech send-out Laboratory; Digital Radiology, Ultrasound (with real-time training built-in) and fully stocked pharmacy
- eVet cloud-based practice management and online pharmacy with Vets First Choice
- Indianapolis is a bustling city known for the famous Indianapolis 500 car race! Indy Paws Veterinary Hospital close proximity to downtown allows for easy commute to many great suburbs.
We’re looking for:
3rd or 4th Year Veterinary Students
Compassionate, Team Player and Strong Communicator
Students looking to enhance their education through real world experiences
We offer our Veterinary Student Externs:
Paid Externship Hours
Future Employment Opportunity Preferences
DVM Mentor Network
1:1 Mentorship and Guidance
Must be a 3rd or 4th Year Veterinary Student from an AVMA Accredited Institution.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin