SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
ACS is seeking a full-time creative, detail oriented, and experienced Social Media Manager to join its growing Communication team. The Social Media Manager will oversee the strategy, creation, and implementation of content, including graphics and video, across all social media platforms, as well as produce monthly social media metrics reports. The position will work with other departments in the organization to raise ACS’s brand recognition and promote our events and initiatives on public-facing media platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience growing an organization’s social media following on different platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and will have strong writing and communications skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience and passion for social media to shape the social media strategy and footprint of a national progressive organization.
This position reports to the Digital Engagement Strategist. This work can be conducted remotely while the ACS office is closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. When the office re-opens, the candidate would ideally work from the Washington, DC office.
The American Constitution Society is the foremost progressive legal organization in the country, with over 200 student and lawyer chapters across the nation. Our mission is to ensure that the U.S. Constitution is a force for improving the lives of all people. We are dedicated to democracy, justice, equality, and liberty, and to guarding against the abuse of law and concentration of power. At the heart of ACS is our network, consisting of thousands of members across the country. We are as diverse as we are outspoken, representing law students, legal scholars, elected officials, advocates, and voters. Together, we defend and advance progressive legal thinking and policies in pursuit of a more just and equal society.
· Maintain ACS’s social media presence and curate multimedia content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn on a daily basis;
· Lead ACS’s consideration and exploration of additional social media platforms, including TikTok, Clubhouse, and others.
· Collaborate on strategy and content planning for social media around fundraising goals, event promotion, and communications department editorial calendar;
· Assist with paid digital social media and search engine marketing campaigns;
· Set and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as target rates for engagement and measuring against industry benchmarks;
· Regularly create and deploy engaging content for all of ACS’s social media platforms that accurately communicate a broad range of topics to diverse audiences;
· Create graphics for use on social media, the ACS website, and email marketing;
· Stay on top of trends and best practices for social media strategy and messaging;
· Help to manage social media campaigns, including routing content for approval and keeping track of deadlines;
· Identify opportunities to grow and expand ACS’s online presence through social media and other digital marketing tools; and,
· Assist with updating of ACS’s website in WordPress.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Thorough and demonstrated understanding of social media best practices, ideally on multiple platforms;
· Experience with successful social media and marketing campaigns;
· Experience creating graphics using Adobe Creative software, Canva, etc.
· Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytics tools like Hootsuite and Buffer;
· Familiarity with WordPress or other, similar website content management systems;
· Ability to understand digital performance metrics and data in order to make informed decisions and improve strategy;
· Video production and post-production experience a plus;
· Excellent writing and communication skills;
• The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed;
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, internally and externally;
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently while recognizing role on a dynamic team;
· Prior experience working with nonprofits and/or law firms/legal organizations a plus, but not required;
• Some travel for meetings and events will be required
· Salary: $60,000 range
· Health, vision, dental, life insurance
· Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
ACS values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACS encourages
applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin,
marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter (each as a PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media Manager Candidate”.
We will review all submissions and reach out to candidates who best matchour needs. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No Calls or Walk-ins please.