At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. We are looking for Project Manager Interns to join our 10-week Summer Internship Program, which will provide you with skills and experience to hep you accelerate in your studies and future career.
As a Project Manager Intern, you will perform technical, system, and administrative tasks relating to the delivery and support of our project and program management processes and tools.
You will play a key role in planning, coordinating, monitoring and status reporting of projects from conception to completion.
What type of work can you expect?
- Support in the development of project plans and ensure the scope and approach is fully understood by all partners.
- Assist in monitoring and communicating progress of project delivery by cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues.
- Support agile development planning and implementation of technology development projects that evolve product capabilities and system integration, to support product features and customer experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners as part of a cross-functional team.
- Work closely with teams to proactively manage project risks and ensure timely mitigation planning is in place for continued delivery.
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up and Retrospective.
- Take part in social activities, community service events and projects with other Interns.
- Proven interest in technologies and customer-driven design.
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills.
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives.
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodologies and familiarity with Jira or Rally.
- Currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.