The Social Media Content Creator/PR Intern will play a key role in supporting and promoting the work of the American Friends of Jamaica over a 3 month period. This remote internship requires 18-20hrs per week; the day begins with morning meetings at 9am EDT/EST; Thursday morning meetings are mandatory. Morning availability is required.
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research the latest trends that our donors and competitors are talking about.
- Create content database
- Help coordinate press releases and manage logistics
- Come up with different posts for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and any other social media channel we use to promote our brand.
- Choose what pictures we will post for each channel and create efficient and effective captions.
- Research any hot topics that we can talk about to draw more followers to our pages.
- Assist with website updates.
- Help manage media outreach and schedule interviews
- Assist with pitches and other necessary tasks
This position requires an individual with a dynamic and engaging personality who is also:
- Outgoing and energetic with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to identify quick solutions
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong computer proficiency skills that include managing sponsor information in large databases
- Works well in a small office, team environment
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Word Suite Google Apps
- Social Media Analytics and Graphic Design a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and Final Cut Pro/iMovie a plus
- A penchant for graphic design
- familiar with Canva and VSDC
- Affinity a plus but not mandatory.
Opportunity to meet with Jamaican officials, business leaders, nonprofit leadership, and event fundraisers
*This position is unpaid*