AHA’s Data Science and Evaluation Team is looking for interns interested in gaining experience in methods required to evaluate the impact of AHA’s programs and initiatives. Join an interdisciplinary team and contribute to a wide variety of projects that cross the spectrum of cardiovascular health and disease prevention.
· Support data collection and analysis for quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies for programs across the portfolio of AHA initiatives.
· Assist manager with development and implementation of data collection plans (using quantitative and qualitative methods)
· Assist manager with creation of brief reports and presentations detailing evaluation background, evaluation questions, evaluation methods, findings, and recommendations
· Assist manager in development and implementation of surveys
· Opportunity for professional development and to help hone in on a potential career path
· Enrichment of the public health academic experience through application of skills developed in the classroom
· Exposure to public health evaluation practice in a real-world setting
· Development of soft skills, such as communication in a professional setting, working on a team, adaptability, and leadership
· Working directly with a supervisor/mentor in the public health field
Flexible hours to accommodate your academic coursework schedule