Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
At this time, we will be hiring two individuals in the role of Salesforce Developer. A successful individual in this role will develop and maintain software to support APS business functions as a Salesforce Developer. They will have solid Salesforce development experience, as well as a strong desire to continue to refine and strengthen their capabilities in this space to support our growing development needs in this area.
- Responsibilities: Develop and maintain software using tools, practices, and development methodologies specified by the group technical lead.
- Set up and maintain personal development environment. Integrate with the team development environment for test and release phases.
- Write automated tests to document code usage, ensure proper functioning of components, and limit regressions.
- Utilize project management tools used by the group to track tasks and progress on projects as directed. Integrate these tools into personal development workflow.
- Write clear and concise documentation for other developers and for users as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the development team. Participate in the group’s technical meetings and code reviews.
Is This You:Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-3 years practical software development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Salesforce lightning components/flows
- Experience with React
- Experience with node.js
- Experience with test driven development
- HTML/CSS (experience with Tailwind CSS or other utility first frameworks desirable)
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and GraphQL (experience designing APIs a big plus)
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
- APS offers a “Remote First” workplace. In our Remote First workplace, you can work either 100% remote or you can work at the APS Editorial Offices on Long Island, 62 miles (100 km) east of Manhattan, near Brookhaven National Laboratory and Stony Brook University. APS offers an outstanding total compensation and paid time off package.
- Position may require some business travel to specific scientific meetings or other organizational events.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Physical Society not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of race, religious creed, alienage or citizenship, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, protected military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at APS. The American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact APS Human Resources.
The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.
We welcome you to apply today!