This position for the Lake District Hospital – 700 S. J Street Lakeview, OR 97630
This is a PER DIEM position and will cover shifts over multiple days (3- 5 days). Travel and housing allowance available
Pharmacy Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
What you will be doing
The Pharmscist interprets physicians’ prescriptions and compounds and dispenses medications within regulatory guidelines. Consults with customers regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions; counsels customers and handles complex problem resolution
- Responsible for the dispensing of inpatient medications; verifies prescribed medications according to professional standards, facility procedures, and state and federal legal requirements.
- Performs prescription verification of unit dose orders, order entry and verification of IV admixtures, providing technical guidance to pharmacy technicians.
- Consults with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements and possible drug interactions.
- Works closely with patient to answer all questions and/or concerns regarding their prescriptions.
- Reviews and evaluates patient’s plan of care for obvious conflicts.
- Monitors the overall performance of staff members to ensure compliance with policies, practices and approved pharmaceutical dispensing processes.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and record keeping.
- Makes recommendations to the manager regarding any changes to operating procedures to facilitate smooth customer service operations.
- Responds to customer inquiries, requests and issues when situations get escalated to a higher level of authority other than a customer service associate.
- Provides consulting on pharmaceutical matters to various levels of personnel regarding pharmacy operations.
- Supervises activities relative to customer files and contacts, ensuring that they are updated as needed to comply with current licensing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Normally requires a minimum of eight (8) years as a pharmacist, hospital experience required
- Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- An unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Pharmacist in the state of Oregon required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook