Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Ames Middle School is seeking a Critical Consciousness Educator for the 2021-2022 school year.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
Under the direction of the Building Principal, the Critical Consciousness Educator will facilitate the critical consciousness development of middle school learners.
- Facilitates students in critically analyzing the social forces that constrain individuals and communities within system of inequities.
- Collaborates with the colleagues to advance the district’s vision for educational equity.
- Facilitates affinity groups for students from historically marginalized populations.
- Facilitates student empowerment groups.
- Collaborates with school staff in developing strong culturally sustaining pedagogies.
- Works with students to analyze school data in order to develop action plans to ensure educational equity for all students.
- Establishes and develops strong community relationships (colleges and universities, religious, social services) to cultivate the possibilities of college and engage with in service-learning.
- Collaborates monthly with building administrators to analyze student data to support educational equity.
- Collaborates with staff to provide supplemental culturally relevant experiential learning opportunities in and out of the classroom that will help maximize understanding of core standards and curriculum content and introduce equity, race, culturally relevant pedagogy, and social & educational justice education.
- Participates in district-wide and building-wide Critical Consciousness staff development trainings.
- Creates a sense of belonging and a welcoming environment for all students and staff.
- Attends work on a punctual and consistent basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Iowa teaching license
- Demonstrated competency in the subject area(s) assigned
- Ability to pass a background check
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Use effective problem-solving techniques in dealing with concerns or issues
- Ability to work effectively as member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player with a growth mindset
- Observe all District policies and procedures
Work Schedule: .40 FTE
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=600
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.