At Amy’s Kitchen, quality is the key ingredient that makes our product great! For that reason, we are hiring for a Sensory Food Technologist in Medford, who will help oversee our sensory program and make sure our meals consistently meet the quality standards. In this role, you will manage a variety of tasks related to the advancement of Sensory, including plant-level implementation of corporate sensory programs, collaboration with kitchen, business units and quality assurance to investigate and resolve sensory issues, coordination of various R&D projects, as well as consultative technical advisement. Come join our growing family!
A TYPICAL DAY
- Implements corporate sensory programs at the plant level
- Creates relationships across the plant organization to promote high sensory quality and resolve sensory issues
- Collaborates with plant functions to reduce sensory-related consumer complaints
- Uses technical expertise to provide consultative guidance when troubleshooting sensory issues
- Manages the screening and training of core tasters and other plant staff as needed
- Works closely with corporate sensory staff and other departments to collect, record and maintain sensory attribute descriptions of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods
- Supervises specialized taste panels and analyzes results for routine and non-routine issues
- Tracks and analyzes results from plant sensory tastings to identify trends
- Interprets reports and flag sensory issues, product drift and training opportunities
- Summarizes findings in oral or written reports for plant and corporate management and makes recommendations for next steps
- Maintains utility of sensory data collection software at the plant level
- Assist with R&D projects as assigned by the Culinary department.
- Participates in tastings and evaluate the organoleptic quality of our raw materials, intermediates and finished goods as required. Good tasting skills a plus.
- Maintains records, manages projects, write reports, write SOPs, create specs, etc. as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sensory Manager or Corporate Sensory Program Manager.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (work habits, GMP’s and correct food-handling procedures).
- It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
This position does not directly supervise other Amy’s employees. This position requires a high degree of collaboration, influence and consensus building to drive key initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- S. in Food Science with coursework in Sensory Science from an accredited college or university.
- 2 -3 years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Sensory Science
- Experience with EyeQuestion software a plus
- Knowledge and passion for food, cooking, flavors, ingredients, etc.
- Discerning and sensitive palette preferred
- Proven well developed and effective communication and teamwork skills
- Adept at training and engaging audiences
- Strong computer, project management and written communication skills
- Proven success multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- High degree of ownership and professional commitment
Estimated travel requirements are minimal, <5%
We are a family owned, proudly independent organic food company and Certified B Corporation® whose purpose is to make it easy and enjoyable for everyone to eat well. Amy’s is committed to cooking authentic great tasting food with high quality, meticulously sourced organic ingredients and making them convenient for consumers.
Working at one of our Plant Kitchens is an opportunity to join the Amy’s family and take pride in working hard at something that matters. Build a career with Amy’s and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities