WHO WE ARE: We are a generalist venture capital firm managing over $3B in capital. We have worked with category-leading companies in areas including software, consumer-internet, and mobile gaming. Our partners have founded, led and held senior roles in companies like Lululemon, Facebook, SnapChat, Starbucks and Under Armour. We purposely keep a low profile, and some of our past investments include GoPuff, Honey, Railsbank, and ApplyBoard.
OUR INVESTMENT STRATEGY: Anthos takes minority positions in category-leading or creating companies that are well-positioned to capitalize on a confluence of powerful secular trends. We perform rigorous, bottoms-up analysis to create a holistic view about a sector, its various thematic elements, and how a company’s products and services are situated within a broader competitive landscape.
Who We’re Looking For: Full-time summer interns to work directly with the Anthos Research team to help evaluate potential investment opportunities surfaced within our network. The Summer 2022 internship is for Juniors/Rising Seniors, is 10 weeks, paid, and is on-site in our LA office so long as circumstances permit. For successful interns, we will extend the opportunity to continue on as full-time analysts following graduation.
What You’ll Accomplish: Following training, summer analysts will work on a diverse range of projects to help Anthos identify the most compelling investment opportunities. Select experience will include:
- Analyzing financial, transaction, and other usage data to generate insights
- Reviewing primary sources like company websites, newspaper articles, company technical documentation, and sales and marketing materials to understand a company’s core products, services, and market
- Conducting competitive analysis to understand a company’s relative positioning using external KPIs (revenue, headcount, recent financings, user preferences)
- Reading secondary sources like equity research reports and academic materials and distilling them into quickly digestible formatting
- Participating in conversations with expert industry references to validate our own opinions.
Ideal Candidates: There are no technical requirements for this job. Great candidates may be
studying psychology, art, science, media, marketing, engineering, or anything in between. Deep intellectual curiosity, passion for investing and technology, and strong critical thinking and communications skills will separate successful investment analysts.