The Artisan Partners Emerging Markets Debt team makes investments in countries around the world. Artisan Partners seeks a highly motivated, intellectually curious undergraduate candidate to work with the sovereign research team on daily news coverage, economic data monitoring and select projects. This paid internship program will run for 10+ weeks during the summer of 2022.
The research intern will work with portfolio managers, analysts, and research associates to conduct fundamental political and
macroeconomic research on countries. The close-knit team will provide abundant learning opportunities. Intern will read and
report on daily news events and macroeconomic data releases for select Emerging and Frontier markets countries.
The candidate can also expect to:
- Work with Portfolio Managers and Analysts on the team to conduct primary research into fundamental macroeconomic and political situations
- Participate in conference calls, webinars, and in person meetings with international experts and policy makers
- Sit in on daily investment and research meetings
- Complete a longer-term, in-depth project with a specific country or topic focus, as needs dictate
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated interest in economics, politics, and/or international affairs
- Foreign language skills and/or experience living, studying or working abroad a plus
- Strong communication skills, excellent work ethic, and a continued desire to learn
- Strong academic credentials
- Knowledge of Python programming language a plus
Artisan Partners Limited Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. Artisan Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.