Do you want to help people make their house a home? Do you enjoy working with your hands and making places look great? Do you wish your job had a ‘normal’ schedule? Want to spend holidays with your actual family instead of your work family? Dreaming of a long-lasting stable career? Love a job helping people?
Welcome to Blue Mountain! All the parts you love about your current roles, plus some serious work-life balance at a company who cares about your well-being.
We are looking to hire a Gutter Maintenance Technician who shares our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service. This position will focus on gutters, including cleaning gutters and drains (from multiple story heights), removing debris, and carrying ladders. This position will also assist the maintenance team in cleaning, landscaping work, and general maintenance repairs to guarantee that the properties are well maintained. We will provide you with a vehicle and tools needed for the role.
If you’re a determined self-starter with a passion for finding solutions, we want to meet you!
What’s in it for me?
Besides all the things you’d expect from any company (medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, life insurance, short & long term disability) we believe you deserve more than that — At Associa, you’ll get great perks and discounts, continual professional training & career planning, money towards lifestyle and wellness activities (we call this Benefits Plus). Most importantly, you will get a fulfilling career and a company that becomes your family!
- Monday through Friday schedule
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for Career Advancement within Blue Mountain and Associa
- Fun family culture within the office
The Gutter Maintenance Technician position requires an individual that is a self-starter, hard worker, and dedicated to making the communities we service look their best. As such, they usually work outside, must be able to withstand hot and cold weather, and aren’t afraid to get a little dirty.
No experience, no worries! We will train you up to be a successful Gutter Maintenance Technician!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keep the communities in a clean and attractive manner
- Clean sidewalks and dispose of debris and trash properly
- Handle basic preventative and corrective maintenance tasks
- Assist other staff with larger maintenance repairs or projects
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate
- Perform maintenance tasks such as building and fence repairs and basic landscaping
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains
- Janitorial duties, such as cleaning and maintaining clubhouses, parks, trails and common areas
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and landscaping
- Prior experience with basic power and hand tools, such as chain saw, string trimmer, mower, pressure washer, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.)
- Professional customer service skills
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Driver’s License and passable driving record required
- One year general maintenance experience is preffered
- Typical outside work environment (frequent standing, walking, lifting and/or operating powered equipment using proper safety techniques or tools)
With more than 180 branch offices across North America, Associa delivers unsurpassed management and lifestyle services to nearly five million residents worldwide. Our 10,000+ team members lead the industry with unrivaled education, expertise and trailblazing innovation. For more than 40 years, Associa has provided solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more, visit www.associaonline.com.