Work directly with the ATLAS Team on commercial real estate investments, focusing on research, internal organization and business development. Get real world experience in the acquisition, development/investment and asset management of commercial real estate.
Excellent organization and administrative skills are a must, along with the ability to analyze external data and turn it into information and insight that will help make business decisions. The ideal candidate has outstanding technological and investment skills, is highly professional, and has already established strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a deep familiarization with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
Research & Data Intern Job Responsibilities
· Assisting the Deal Team with administrative tasks and supporting the ATLAS acquisition process
· Organizing and maintaining a database of properties, property owners, and property specifics
· Uploading and organizing various data, comps, properties, contacts, etc. into ATLAS databases and software
· Assisting with the strategy and overall goal of the investment process and target investments
· Identifying new standard operating procedures and company operations/processes that will help the company operate more efficiently
· Conducting property and market research for given areas – ie., who owns what, how much land and density, pipeline, sales and comparables.
· Performing basic underwriting on multiple deals at any given time.
· Completing research to verify assumptions.
· Drafting basic investment deal summaries for internal and external review
· Conducting company, industry and property due diligence
· Work underneath the Deal Team to assist in crafting unique strategies to add value through commercial real estate and generate Alpha.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 1-3 years of outside, business/real estate analytics & operations preferred but not required
· Bachelor’s degree ideal or undergraduate student in Finance, Business, Management or related role
· Very Technologically Savvy
· High level of comfort with Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated writing skills.
· Familiarity with CoStar preferred
· Creative mentality with the skillset to help onboard different strategies of a business operation
· Working in an entrepreneurial environment and bringing in new ideas to help the overall strategy of investments
· Experience working in the commercial real estate industry a plus
· Analytical mentality with the skillset to manage, maintain and operate multiple organizational business software’s
· Past experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system