ATTIC Correctional Services, Inc. a nonprofit has developed and provided services to meet the increasing needs for supervision and treatment of correctional clients living in Wisconsin communities since 1977. ATTIC Correctional Services strives to be an industry leader in providing alternatives to traditional incarceration of Citizens.
Do you enjoy helping others? The Behavioral Support Specialist position is a great opportunity to further your career and gain valuable experience in the social services field.
ATTIC Correctional Services is currently recruiting for a full-time Behavioral Support Specialist in Madison, WI. This position is responsible for ensuring program compliance with program rules and funding guidelines for a correctional Community Based Residential Facility, housing adult correctional clients. Due to the importance placed on security and community safety, this position is integral to the overall success of the program and must be filled by a reliable individual who is capable of making good decisions, has excellent organizational skills, and work well with limited supervision. The ultimate goal of this position is to change behavior in a positive manner to reduce the recidivism rate of our clients. The person who will succeed in this position will have good professional judgement and enthusiasm for creating a therapeutic environment where our residents will succeed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide security and supervision to clients.
- Monitor client whereabouts
- Monitor client behavior
- Maintain required paperwork, progress notes, daily logs, incident reports
- Conduct facility checks and assign client activities
- Supervise client meal preparation & household chores
Education & Work Experience
- Some college preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years experience and/or education relating to corrections, community based residential facilities (CBRF), criminal justice, human services, psychology, sociology, security, social service, mental health, behavioral health, or law enforcement preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to interact with staff, clients, and agents in an effective manner while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality of all agency information.
- Strong decision making abilities and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of nutrition and sanitation.
- Experience in record-keeping.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions