Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Project Controls Operations
The Project Controls Operations organization supports the tools, processes, procedures, and training that Project Controls Analyst use on a day-to-day basis while supporting a variety of program types across the company. Our organization’s role is to support those users by maintaining the tools, developing new functionality, assisting with training and procedural operations, and soliciting feedback from users.
The internship will involve two main facets; 1) support the daily operations of the BART Project Controls system, and 2) Complete a project that benefits the Project Controls Operations organization. This project will be agreed upon by the manager and the intern at the beginning of the internship based on the intern’s prior experience (if applicable), company priority, and intern interest.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Project Controls Operations organization.
- Support key processes within financial tools to ensure data integrity and reliability.
- Create training documentation for users for new and existing functionality.
- Become subject matter expert in assigned technical areas.
- Support operations team with Operations and Maintenance activities.
- Support Project Controls Analyst users with operational questions.
- Support Change Control Process by capturing and statusing changes and developing / changing functionality to meet those needs.
- Communicate to end users on changes and existing functionality.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Studying towards Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, or related degree is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to take initiative.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.