Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Software Quality Assurance
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp. is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform manual testing of the Ball Aerospace IT Business applications and systems to include Product Data Management, Procurement, Financial, Anomaly Tracking, Manufacturing, Business Resource Tools, and others. The analyst may work on multiple projects, and operations and maintenance, simultaneously. The successful candidate will work closely with subject matter experts, developers, and product managers to ensure thorough, repeatable, and scalable test cases.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct all aspects of testing and analysis in a highly integrated, complex, regulated environment with multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Create test conditions using manual processes to address change in software, hardware, and database systems in test environment.
- Provide potential technical solutions to defects and design flaws.
- Create repeatable test procedures to shorten test cycles and provide broader and deeper coverage using in-house tools.
- Perform regression testing on enterprise and ancillary applications, application integration bus, and varying systems for all changes.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Execute on test conditions using manual and automated processes to address change in software, hardware, and database systems in test environment.
- Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness to mitigate risk of all types.
- Utilize bug tracking system to report defects or design flaws to project teams, application owners, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Create software requirements traceability matrix using internal tools to ensure all requirements have test cases and have been validated during testing.
- Perform duties within differing SDLC methodologies.
- Follow documented or established procedures to perform quality assurance activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to work in multiple SDLC’s.
- Work is performed in an office and home environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 – $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.