Field Engineer Intern
Division/Department: Multiple Locations
Reports to: Division General Manager or Department Manager
Travel: Up to 50%
Under the direct supervision of the Division General Manager, or Department Manager, the Field Engineering Intern will assist with construction activities such as planning, estimating, design, scheduling, compliance review, production tracking, and cost report management. This position will encompass both office, and field experience to provide exposure to both technical, and administrative duties. Travel to and from jobsite locations is required.Page Content
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with analyzing survey reports, maps, drawings, plans, specifications, contractual documents, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
· Assist with estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility
· Assist with planning and design temporary structures, following construction and government standards, using design software, and drawing tools
· Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications
· Assist with the development of work plans and hazard analysis plans for crews to follow to safely execute the work
· Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, safety standards, and productivity goals
· Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
· Assist with managing project document control.
· Assist with managing procurement of materials and consumables, including vendor pre-qualifications and development of RFQ’s.
· Assist with managing and organizing subcontracts
· Currently enrolled in an accredited university program working towards a degree in engineering, construction engineering, or construction management, or other related program at the time of their internship, as well as having completed their sophomore year
· Candidates should possess leadership potential, be problem-solvers, and be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
· AutoCAD experience preferred
· Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, telephone, email, and presentations
· Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
· Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five pounds
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Ballard Marine Construction, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended.