Division/Department: Health Safety and Environmental
Reports to: Varies based on region
Travel: Up to 50%
The Health Safety and Environmental Intern will assist the Regional HSE Managers both in the office and in the field and will provide experience and exposure to both technical and administrative duties. Travel to and from jobsite locations is required and may require use of a rental vehicle.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Drive company safety culture through actions and behaviors
· Participate in the delivery of safety meetings and safety messages in morning huddle meetings
· Conduct safe work observations and interventions
· Assist with safety trainings, orientations and walk-around hazard hunts and inspections
· Assist with safety recordkeeping
· Assist with the development, review, and revisions of safety/emergency plans and hazard analysis.
· Assist with incident investigations and reporting and owner or agency inspections on an as-needed bases
· Make suggestions for site safety and overall safety program improvements and assist with procurement or inspection of safety equipment and supplies as needed.
· Currently enrolled in an accredited university program working towards a degree in Safety and Health Management or other related program at the time of their internship, as well as having completed their sophomore year.
· Candidates should possess leadership potential, be problem-solvers, and be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, telephone, email, and presentations
· Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
· Working outdoors in various temperatures and conditions
· Wears various PPE (respirators, fall protection, etc.)
· May travel on various land, water, and aircraft.
· Will sit and stand for several hours at a time.
· Lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, squatting for various periods of time
· Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five pounds
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Ballard Marine Construction, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended.