Who You Are
You are a motivated student pursuing a degree in computer science and are passionate about Data and the ability to use it as an asset in Business Intelligence. You are driven, logical, and innovative and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute in the migration from on premise data in SQL Server to the Azure cloud.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Intern to join our Fall Internship Program, where you will work both independently and as part of a team, with oversight from your Hiring Manager and the University Relations department. Fall Internships take place from September 20th – December 17th and require a commitment of at least 40 hours per week. With comprehensive training and supervision, you will gain valuable experience applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real world problems.
What You’ll Do
- The Business Intelligence Intern will help build our next-generation, cloud native Reporting Platform on our world class Data Platform.
- The Business Intelligence will write T-SQL queries, while working with Power BI, and Tableau reporting platforms.
- Supporting the Data Warehouse Team in any other Business Intelligence Development needs like SSRS, POWER BI, etc.
- Gain valuable experience by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world application. BHG gives you the space to explore your passions, discover new strengths, and innovate new solutions to help drive our business forward.
- Work as part of a culture of collaboration: you’ll receive guidance and work directly with BHG leaders, mentors, and experienced employees across the organization.
- Gain cross-functional skills and visibility to all areas of the business: from our virtual training sessions, hands-on experience, mentorship program, and access to diverse subject matter experts.
- Work for a culture we believe in: We invest in employees who want to build a career at BHG and achieve their goals. Because helping you realize your full potential will make our company stronger.
What You’ll Need
- Full-time availability of 40 hours a week
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Familiarity with Power BI or Tableau
- Experience in SQL Server
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure cloud computing products and capabilities highly beneficial.
- Business awareness and numerical ability
- Passionate about technology
- Project Coordination/Management experience is a must
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and analyzing business processes & procedures documentation
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and finalize projects
- Must possess a highly logical and analytical mindset, must be able to multitask and learn quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to interpret requests and give quality results in a timely manner