Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several information systems, business administration, or supply chain management students for paid Project Analyst Internships. Our 2022 Intern class will begin work at our Monroeville, Pennsylvania office in May of 2022, working full-time (40 hours/week) through August of 2022.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
Our internship program will give you the opportunity to work in your field of study while simultaneously pursuing your bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. These opportunities can enhance your academic training while teaching critical business skills and allowing you to learn about BPMI, the Navy, and the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
What You Can Expect:
Close Mentoring – You will be assigned a unique sponsor for the duration of your BPMI experience. Sponsors will provide guidance as you perform day-to-day efforts, while adding a more in-depth perspective of how the various assignments fit into the overall business. Along with your manager, a sponsor also provides general support and training on BPMI’s business and operations.
Training - You will be provided with learning opportunities across various supply chain management areas including planning/forecasting, risk management, data analytics, project management, reporting, etc.
Shipyard Tour – Our Interns typically visit Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia for a one-day shipyard tour. This unique and exciting opportunity allows you to see and potentially tour aircraft carriers, submarines, servicing facilities, and other areas of interest. You will gain a better appreciation of the important work BPMI does, and the key role the Navy plays in protecting the interests of the United States of America.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop a database to warehouse supplier performance data (hours, costs) and facilitate statistical analysis of the data.
· Develop methods to analyze supplier performance data across multiple contracts and components to provide component, contract, and supplier performance perspectives.
· Assist in providing multi-functional life cycle project management of equipment components.
· Areas supported may include project planning and scheduling, budgeting and funding determination, risk management, coordination and integration of efforts across a multi-functional team, and communications with stakeholders, including engineering, procurement, suppliers, logistics, and financial organizations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Enrolled in a Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Information Systems, or Business Administration (or equivalent) undergraduate or graduate program with a minimum of three years completed by May 2022.
· Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for interns, co-ops, and new college graduates.
· Must possess a working knowledge of databases or spreadsheets and be comfortable with development and data entry.
· Must be comfortable working and contributing in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Must have a practical understanding and application of statistical analysis methods.
· Experience with accounting or finance functions to facilitate supplier performance analytics preferred.
· Good oral and writing skills required.
· Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements
· In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
BPMI Interns are eligible for the following benefits:
Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
9/80 work schedule option
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.