The Administrative Internship position is designed to bring additional strength into Beef Northwest Administrative Team. The successful candidate will receive training, from the ground up, on all business aspects of Beef Northwest, while given specific tasks and responsibilities. The right candidate will have the opportunity to participate in project development and analysis and will be provided the opportunity for growth within the company.
Potential Areas of Training and Exploration:
- Assist staff and executive managers in the office with various duties associated with the cattle feeding business.
- Duties could include:
- Reception (answering phones, filing, sorting mail)
- Various types of data entry
- Daily Cattle Desk transactions (receiving, shipments, processing)
- Commodity Analyst ticket entry
- Help with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist with customer cattle financing
- Support the cattle purchase desk and cattle sale proceeds desk
- Manage agreements (feeding, hedging, financing, partnership)
- Work with human resources department and safety programs
- Assist with internal process audits
- Strong desire to work in the Cattle and/or Feedlot Industry post-graduation.
- Strong work ethic and a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to use Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Gmail.
- 2.5 GPA or higher.