Custodial Supervisor, R21029
Salary: $39,612.00 – $51,444.00 Annually
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Administrative Services
Job Number: R21029
Job Status: Full-TimeOvertime EligibleNon-Represented
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Custodial Supervisor is a working custodian who directs and supervises the custodial staff at Bellevue College.
The Custodial Supervisor performs responsible supervisory work involving the assignment and direct supervision of custodial employees in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of buildings, offices, classrooms, fitness centers, laboratories, furnishings and equipment as well as building entrances and exterior walkways. The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for training new employees in proper custodial procedures for the use of manually operated tools, electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds, solvents and chemicals.
This is a Classified, overtime eligible position. This position is not represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Higher Education (WFSE-HE).
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Bellevue College (BC) Custodial Services Department within Campus Operations supports the College’s primary mission by cleaning and maintaining internal and external areas of all College Facilities and other assets. The department works in compliance with local, state and federal laws and agencies by following BC’s policies, follows and maintains safety procedures and follow-up Campus Operations program on accidents and safety prevention techniques. The department also follows APPA’s Operational Guidelines as well as continuously improves work methods, knowledge of equipment, supplies and safety through participation in routine training sessions.
Supervision of Staff
• Supervises and instructs assigned personnel in the care, cleaning, disinfecting and upkeep of facilities.
• Evaluates and inspects the cleaning of the buildings according to APPA’s Operational Guidelines; Determines if custodial needs are met and assigned work is being performed accordingly; Recommend and establish new practices according to need; Update procedures as work develops and/or when handling new equipment. Adjusts workloads to compensate for scheduled and unscheduled absences, changing priorities and special custodial projects. Determines staffing needs for buildings; oversees activities in assigned area of responsibility.
• Advises the Operations Manager on the condition of College buildings and facilities by conducting regular inspections of those areas and reporting the results of the inspections with particular emphasis on needed repairs.
• Ensures that administrative records and reports regarding custodial personnel are accurate and current by reviewing employee’s time sheets and monitoring employee absences.
Evaluates Custodial Effectiveness
• Assigns, instructs and schedules the custodial personnel of the Campus Operations.
• Develops an effective team of custodial personnel by instructing all employees in the proper methods and use of materials and equipment for safe and efficient work performance, evaluating individual performances to meet established standards. With the support of the Operations Manager evaluates the total work of employees against established standards, and suggests improvements; Maintain records, direct activities in an established format, evaluate duties and writes reports; The position also recommends promotion and discipline.
Comply with laws and BC’s procedures
• Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws and agencies by following BC’s policies, procedures and will advise the direction for the custodial department accordingly.
• With the assistance of the Operations Manager, will ensure the custodial crew maintains safety procedures as instructed and trained; Ensures the custodial crew maintains the program on accidents and safety prevention techniques; Maintains other BC policies and procedures relating to the custodial department.
• Ensures that custodial personnel have the equipment and supplies necessary to perform custodial services by issuing supplies as needed, completing request form(s) for replacement items, and storing the supplies and equipment in a secure storage facility; Evaluates new custodial supplies and equipment by conducting testing of such items and recommending the appropriateness of their use.
• Maintains ongoing practices with the crews to obtain clean, organized and stocked custodial storage closets;
• Maintains communication and relationship with other campus operations personnel, departments, faculty, staff, students and management. Ensures that equipment is properly maintained.
• Performs custodial duties.
• Performs other duties as required
• Five (5) years Custodial/Janitorial experience in facilities management at Higher Education or K-12
• Experience working in a unionized environment
• Experience with Word, Excel and Outlook
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience inspecting buildings to determine cleaning needs and analyzing workloads
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment with demonstrated flexibility and composure
• Valid Washington driver license or ability to obtain one upon employment
• Two (2) years of Supervisory experience in facilities management at Higher Education or K-12.
• Experience working on a large college campus.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 06/09/2021 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Prior to start employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position
• Complete an online Application (note that stating “See Resume” on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity. (max 1 page)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2272506
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.