Diagnostic Ultrasound, Part-Time Faculty 001-PTF-93
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 001-PTF-93
Job Status: Part-TimeRepresented
Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Diagnostic Ultrasound, Part-Time Faculty position.
Bellevue College maintains a pool of qualified applicants interested in temporary teaching positions on a part-time basis. Positions may become available at any time and are typically filled on a quarterly basis.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The diagnostic medical sonography program at Bellevue College offers theory, laboratory and clinical education in general sonography, echocardiography, and vascular technology. The selective-admission program enrolls and graduates approximately 30 students each academic year.
ADJUNCT FACULTY BASE RATE COMPENSATION TABLE
• CATEGORY-A: Courses of a clinical nature and non-instructional assignments such as developmental lab teaching assistants $34.63 per contact hour
• CATEGORY-B: Counseling and Library assignments and courses with little or no formal evaluation of the student $49.30 per contact hour
• CATEGORY-C: College credit courses and required high school completion courses $14,048.47 per FTEF
This is a temporary faculty position, typically assigned as-needed on a quarterly basis, with no expectation of continued employment beyond the current appointment. The diagnostic medical sonography program is specifically seeking instructors to begin teaching summer quarter 2021.
Adjunct Faculty teach on-campus and/or online, as dictated by program, course schedule, and enrollment demand. In addition, Faculty hold office hours and engage students actively in their own learning, including discussion, writing, and analysis; maintain high standards regarding course content; provide students with feedback on their course work and examinations, and adhere to respective program assessment practices. Position may be expected to participate in program curriculum development or assessment tasks.
• Associate’s degree in diagnostic medical sonography from an accredited institution
• At least one year employment in sonography
• General sonography – RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) credential Abdomen and OB/GYN
• Echocardiography – RCDS (Registered Cardiac Medical Sonographer) credential
• Pediatric Echocardiography – RCDS (Registered Cardiac Medical Sonographer) credential
• Vascular Technology – RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) credential
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in teaching
• Pediatric echocardiography – Pediatric echo credential preferred
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 04/05/2021 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to apply:
Click on the word Applyat the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses that addresses the Qualifications/Core Competencies and the Preferred Qualifications
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a statement of your teaching philosophy (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages)
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2172652
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.