Early Childhood Program Specialist 1, R21033
Salary: $29,632.50 – $37,991.50 Annually
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Administrative Services
Job Number: R21033
Job Status: Full-TimeOvertime EligibleRepresented
Under the supervision of the Center Assistant Director and under the general direction of Early Childhood Specialist 2, 3 and 4 (Lead Teacher), the Early Childhood Specialist 1 helps provide and guide care and general educational activities for children in the Center. The position performs classroom, playground, office, laundry, field trip and kitchen work as assigned. Duties are performed following clearly defined work procedures and priorities. ln accordance with the Early Learning Center philosophy and policies, the Early Childhood Specialist 1 works with center staff to provide appropriate interactions and support to help meet the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of children within a group setting.
This is a Classified, overtime eligible position and represented by the Washington Public Employee Association of Higher Education (WPEA-HE).
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
This is a 93.75% FTE position (37.50 hours per week) at an annual salary of $29,632.50 – $37,991.50.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a department of Bellevue College, our mission is to provide high quality, family centered, developmentally appropriate care & early education for young children and their families. In addition, we strive to provide a creative, safe, learning environment that nurtures, respects, and supports each individual’s unique qualities and potential.The Early Learning Center encourages discovery, creativity, overall development, independence, self-regulation, problem solving, and exploration in a safe, respectful, yet stimulating, relationship based environment. Our program maintains a child-centered philosophy that accepts each child at his/her own developmental level and encourages him/her to learn through rich experiences. When planning the curriculum, teachers provide experiences that reflect families’ interests, hobbies, cultures, and languages.
• Monitor and assist with nap times, activity times, group times, diapering/toileting, outdoor play, field trips, and all transit ion s. Continually moving throughout classroom and playground areas, through visual & auditory supervision.
• Monitor the mealtime with the children making sure they are safe and not choking on food or eating something they are allergic to. Making sure children with allergies receive the correct substitution.
• Assist Lead Teacher during activities such as art or cooking with children in the classroom and outdoors. Making sure materials are readily accessible.
• Set up art projects with supplies needed and clean-up projects and activities by wiping down tables and mopping floors. Making sure the children are also cleaned up.
• Assist with kitchen, office and laundry duties.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• Work experience in an early childhood setting
• Demonstrated ability to relate and communicate effectively with children, families, community members and staff of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Must meet licensing requirements for Washington Department of Early Learning (DEL) including registration in Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT) and a current DEL background check
• Have or obtain within 90 days of hiring – current Infant/child CPR & Basic First Aid; Blood Borne Pathogen training, and Food Handler’s Card; Tuberculosis skin test clearance and Mumps, Measles and Rubella immunity.
• Ability to safely supervise groups of children and their activities by standing, walking, reaching, (sitting on floor, small chairs, &/or outdoors), frequent stooping, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
• 45 college credits of early childhood education/child development and one year work experience in an early childhood setting.
• Demonstrated ability to be responsive to the needs of a diverse student population and community.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a teaching team and follow directions.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 05/12/21 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online Application (note that stating “See Resume” on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (max 1 page) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2234208
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.