Head Golf Coach, 001-PTF-94
Salary: See Position Description
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Student Affairs
Job Number: 001-PTF-94
Job Status: Part-TimeRepresentedTemporary
Bellevue College Athletics is accepting applications for Head Golf Coach.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s golf program, including planning and directing recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes, along with fiscal management for Bellevue College men’s and women’s golf program.The duties of this position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules and regulations of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and Bellevue College.
This is a part-time, non-tenure position and not eligible for benefits. This position is paid on a stipend.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The philosophy of the Athletic department is to provide athletic programs which promote skills that are applicable towards both athletic competition and personal development. These skills, include but are not limited to; time management, social skill interaction within a diverse population, multiple task handling, goal setting, and perseverance while attempting to reach athletic and academic goals.
• Plan and implement day to day practice and match strategies.
• Provide feedback on daily basis of progress team is making and areas to work on.
• Assure that all student-athletes complete all requirements to practice and play (proper documentation is turned in and monitored for accuracy and completion).
• Recruit student-athletes within the rules and regulations of Bellevue College and the NWAC.
• Make eligible student-athletes aware of the eligibility requirements and expenses of attending BC.
• Determine which players will be offered letters of intent and tuition waivers.
• Assure all players understand the terms and conditions for receiving tuition waivers at BC.
• Plan, schedule and implement team fundraisers for teams booster account.
• Work with athletic department to ensure successful athletic department wide fundraisers.
• Work with student-athlete and academic advisor to develop academic plan for each student-athlete.
• Work with academic advisor and athletic staff to track players academic progress.
• Schedule year round study tables and progress reports.
• Work with athletic staff to schedule athletic events, abiding by the league schedules.
• Assure that game scores are reported to the NWAC office and other required paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
• Work with athletic staff for transportation needs to and from scheduled events off campus.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Golf coaching experience in high school or higher education.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Valid Washington driver license or ability to obtain one upon employment.
• Pass online NWAC coaching and rules test.
• Must have or obtain current CPR/First Aid certification.
• Experience teaching advanced golf.
• Effective organizational, management and communication skills with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of NWAC, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and United States Golf Association (USGA) golf rules.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures, marketing/recruiting strategies and facility upkeep.
• Athletic fundraising experience.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Prior to start employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to apply:
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Please send a letter of interest detailing qualifications, a professional resume, and three coaching/teaching reference contacts to Jeremy Eggers – Bellevue College Director of Athletics at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will begin immediately with first consideration June 15, 2021.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2295791
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.