Part-Time Communications Manager – Special Projects, M2015
Salary: $35.00 Hourly
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Institutional Advancement
Job Number: M2015
Job Status: Part-TimeTemporary
The Communications Manager- Special Projects will conceptualize and produce internal and external communications that will build awareness, engagement and assist the college in its transition to ctcLink, a new software system and expected to launch in Fall 2021. This position reports to the Associate Director of Communications with the ctcLink Project Manager as a primary stakeholder. Works independently and collaborates with senior leadership and multiple stakeholders across campus.
This is a part-time, temporary hourly position, maximum 16 hours per week (Monday – Friday). This position is not eligible for benefits.
ABOUT THE COLLEGEBellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Institutional Advancement (IA) Division of Bellevue College works across the full academic enterprise to solidify a multi-faceted culture of brand awareness, philanthropy, and internal and external engagement. IA supports the College’s mission by increasing awareness of, advocacy for, engagement in, and giving to Bellevue College. As part of the IA division, the Marketing & Communications department is responsible for stewarding the BC brand and driving the college’s marketing strategy to increase awareness, support enrollment, and drive community engagement.
• Refine and implement an internal communications strategy for students, staff and faculty in support of the ctcLink software implementation;
• Communicate factual information, manage expectations, and educate stakeholders so the strategy and the reasons for implementation are understood.
• Support organizational change management (OCM) and process alignment activities through clear communication of the future state to help BC leadership prepare employees for impending change;
• Collaborate with the Project Manager, Executive Sponsor, Communications and Training Leads and other internal stakeholders to coordinate messaging;
• Write and create branded email communications, feature stories, web and blog posts, talking points, collateral, social media posts, multimedia and other communications as appropriate;
• Assist the Project Manager with employee survey development and analysis;
• Manage communications plan and project deliverables and create monthly progress reports;
• Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly;
• Support other college-wide communications needs, including writing and editing internal communications in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing & Communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field or combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Three (3) years full-time related professional experience in communications writing in a complex environment.
• Experience creating and implementing organization-wide communication strategies.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Full proficiency in computer skills, including:
• Two (2) years’ demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office including Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• One (1) year demonstrated experience with WordPress content management system.
• One (1) year experience using a project management software such as SmartSheet.
• Demonstrated experience translating complex ideas into understandable language.
• Demonstrated experience with change management communications.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 04/07/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. Background Check:Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.How to Apply:Click on the word Applyat the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2206689
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.