Part-Time Internal Support Specialist, M2026
Salary: $17.00 – $23.00 Hourly
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Student Affairs
Job Number: M2026
Job Status: Part-TimeTemporary
The Internal Support Specialist will be a primary point person to help direct students, staff, and employees with ctcLink. Reporting to the Support Specialist Manager, the Internal Support Specialist will work with Bellevue College to respond to escalated tickets through various communication efforts. They will help students navigate the new ctcLink system and handle complex issues while exhibiting exceptional customer service and maintaining up to date knowledge for issues regarding ctcLink. The position will work independently with limited supervision.
This is a part-time, temporary hourly position, maximum 20 hours per week. The start date for this position will be approximately Monday, Oct. 11 with training to take place on Oct. 11, 12, and/or 13. Weekly hours will slowly increase between Oct 11 and Nov 8, not to exceed 20 hours per week. This position is expected to end January 14th, with the possibility of some specialists extending beyond.
Hours needed are 7am-7pm Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday. Unless specified and agreed during the interview, applicants may be scheduled during any of these hours.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
• Handle complex issues and questions via phone calls, texts, emails, and chats in a timely, efficient and professional manner
• Escalate issues and direct students to appropriate contacts when necessary
• Maintain knowledge of ctcLink, key dates, department schedules and points of contact
• Host Microsoft Teams or ZOOM FAQ sessions and presentations as needed
• Participate in setting up and staffing info booth and computer lab as a go to resource for students and staff
• Participate in trainings and activities related to the job role
• Submit suggestions for FAQ updates based on experience
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Experience working in a customer service-based environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Teams and/or Zoom
• Effective in multi-tasking and learning new concepts, maintaining organization, and quick thinking
• Ability to stay positive and motivated
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment with demonstrated flexibility and composure
• Experience working in an office support environment
• Prior experience working in a call center or similar type setting
• Experience in technology and/ or systems
• Experience working with students and/or special populations (such as Running Start, Veterans, Faculty and senior leadership, etc.)
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be invited to interview until the position is filled.
Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.112.080.
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2469547
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.