Part-time Technical Theatre Director, M2024
Salary: $33.00 Hourly
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: M2024
Job Status: Part-TimeTemporary
The Theatre Arts (Drama & Dance) department within the Arts and Humanities Division is seeking qualified candidates to fill a part-time Theatre Arts Director. This position is specifically to provide technical direction for the fall live theatre production to take place in the on-campus Stop Gap performance space. This technical director will design, engineer and construct sets, design and hang lighting and supervise students as they learn to engage in technical aspects of theatre. Some weekend and evening work will be expected.
This position is part-time, temporary and up to 20 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits.
ABOUT THE COLLEGEBellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
• Design scenery and lighting for Theatre Arts Department of Drama Fall 2021production.
• Estimate, engineer, construct, load-in and strike scenery and rigging
• Hang/circuit and focus the lights
• Take the show through tech and performance, mentoring and teaching beginning student technicians.
• Maintain and manage scene shop tools and request stock inventory
• Train, supervise and evaluate work-study, technical theatre, and general education students in the safe use of scene shop, lighting, audio and video
• Request professional labor in the scene shop and grid as needed
• Work on preliminary designs and budgeting for the Winter Musical in Carlson Theater
• Perform other duties if needed
• Experience working in a High School, College or Community/Professional Theatre setting in the areas of design and shop/electrics.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision
• Experience working collegially with diverse colleagues in a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 08/29/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.112.080.How to apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Resume
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2447714
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.