Part-Time Web Editor, M2025
Salary: $27.00 Hourly
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Institutional Advancement
Job Number: M2025
Job Status: Part-TimeTemporary
Institutional Advancement is the center of campus communications and the college’s website is a key component of our communication strategy. This position will work under the Web Editor in Chief to implement our website redesign objectives. As part of a website redesign team, this position will help implement the design objectives, which will include creating new pages and updating existing pages according to provided instructions. The team will work iteratively, meaning new/updated pages will be reviewed by stakeholders, whose feedback will be incorporated into the designs, and then the process will repeat until a final version is approved.
This is a part-time, temporary hourly position, maximum 20 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
• Build web pages according to specified design by creating hypertext markup language (HTML), Common Gateway Interface (CGI) programs, and Java scripts
• Design visual imagery (using the Adobe Creative Cloud) for websites and ensure they are in line with branding guidelines
• Incorporate specified site tools into webpages using WordPress (search box, social media link set, etc.)
• Incorporate site features using WordPress (interactive map, virtual tour, etc.) in an intelligent and engaging design
• Incorporate content produced by teammates in an intelligent and engaging design
• Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
• Conceptualize web design ideas with clients
• Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes
• Design sample pages including colors and fonts
• Prepare design plans and communicate the website structure
• Edit photos and videos for website
• Perform user testing and improve the design of the website
• Use data, including user “heat maps” to understand user flow and make changes accordingly
• Improve accessibility of website where possible
• Maintain appearance of website by enforcing design standards
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate’s Degree in a related field. Experience can be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
• Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools
• Proficiency in front-end development web programming languages such as HTML and CSS
• Understanding of search engine optimization principles
• Excellent visual design skills
• Knowledge of best practices in web design
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and open to new ideas
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and willing to learn new techniques
• Effective communication skills
• At least one year of professional web design experience with example pages available
• Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural pluralism
• Experience with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0, and ADA requirements for accessible content
• Demonstrated commitment to honesty, integrity and timeliness in public communication
• Experience working with a broad range of technological platforms and services (operating systems, browsers, mobile devices, etc.)
• Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience with website redesigns
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be invited to interview until the position is filled.
Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.112.080.
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2447719
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.