The Therapeutic Recreation Leader will work to assist with 1:1 needs of children with disabilities, and foster inclusion in a general recreation program. You will interact with youth through developmentally appropriate crafts, games, and/or other planned activities.
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Supervise therapeutic recreation participants in district facilities and programs, helping to provide safe and rewarding experiences.
- Interacts with participants through developmentally appropriate crafts, games and/or other planned activities.
- Creates daily plans for classes and activities within established guidelines and curriculum.
- Oversees the safety, comfort and progress of participants.
- Adapts activities as needed to meet the abilities and needs of individuals.
- Prepares equipment, materials and supplies required for conducting activities
- Sets up, takes downs and cleans-up after class as required.
- Communicate effectively with parent/guardian of participants regarding behavior issues, participants’ special needs, questions and concerns.
- Completes required class records, progress reports, certificates, etc.
- Respond to accidents and incidents according to procedure.
- Acts as a Mandatory Reporter; reports incidents of child abuse/neglect.