Bio-Rad has an open position for a Senior Scientist in our chromatography media chemistry group. The Senior Scientist role will support our efforts in the design, evaluation, manufacture transfer, and applications of new chromatographic resins and membranes for the separation of biomolecules.
- Develop purification protocols for recombinant proteins / mAbs / viruses / nucleic acids of pharmaceutical interest; provide consultation and technical support to customers on purification method development and process optimization.
- Develop analytical methods for the quantitation of biomolecules using ELISA, qPCR/ddPCR, DLS, HPLC, UV, fluorimetry, and SDS-Page and other biochemical/biophysical techniques.
- Support cell line/cell culture development activities and material generation for the evaluation of new chromatography resin and membranes.
- Interface with Marketing/Sales/Manufacturing colleagues on chromatography media production, quality control and promotion.
- Deliver technical presentations at conferences and customer sites occasionally.
- PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, protein chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry or related scientific discipline with 3-5 years of purification development experience, preferably in biotech/biopharma industry or university core facility for the production and analysis of biological molecules.
- Broad experience in biomolecule characterization using ELISA, qPCR/ddPCR, DLS, HPLC, UV, fluorimetry, and SDS-Page and other biochemical/biophysical techniques.
- Extensive hands-on experience with protein purification systems (AKTA or NGC) and membrane based separation tools.
- Experience in designing / executing downstream purification processes to support early and late stage clinical production, including viral clearance studies; is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking, scientific problem-solving and communication skills.