Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $684 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Real Estate / Legal & Compliance
2022 Legal & Compliance (Central Compliance) Summer Analyst
Blackstone’s Central Compliance team offers Summer Analysts a hands-on experience supporting the firm’s many businesses and its corporate functions. Summer Analysts play an integral role in the team and have the opportunity to be immersed within an in-house legal & compliance team of a leading financial services organization. This position is ideal for a college student considering attending law school and/or business school in the future who would like to gain insight into regulatory compliance and the alternative asset management industry. This is a particularly attractive opportunity for those interested in law school as you will be trained and mentored by leading corporate attorneys with significant experience in the financial services space.
Blackstone’s Central Compliance team expects Summer Analysts to be engaged in all aspects of the group’s work.
Summer Analyst work may include:
- Participating in the support of Blackstone’s Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) compliance program
- Assist in preparing metrics for new investors, high risk investors and foreign PEPs
- Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Participating in the support of Blackstone’s Conflicts Clearance compliance program
- Participating in the ongoing implementation and execution of Blackstone’s compliance and testing program, including:
- Assessing key business processes and critical business risk and controls
- Analyzing data and reviewing supporting documentation provided by the business
- Documenting a written testing plan and compliance testing procedures
- Executing testing of procedures and internal controls
- Evaluating, documenting and presenting results of test work
- Assisting in implementing remedial projects and processes following testing observations
- Assisting in other related compliance and regulatory matters
- Working with Blackstone compliance regarding firm wide compliance projects and special compliance/internal audit – related projects as necessary
- Participating in the ongoing implementation and execution of Blackstone’s Data Policy and Strategy compliance program, including:
- Assisting with due diligence and analysis of alternative data sets, including by attending diligence meetings, conducting research and contract review, and implementing compliance processes relating to alternative data sets
- Assisting with privacy compliance assessments of Blackstone business units, portfolio companies or third party vendors, compiling privacy reporting, and assisting with regulatory filings
- Assisting with research and policy reviews and updates in the fields of data protection, privacy and information risk management
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Participating in the review of marketing materials for Blackstone funds and other products, as well as other communications made to Blackstone clients
Opportunity to learn the relevant rules and regulations with respect to fund marketing materials sent to prospective investors as well as other types of externally circulated materials.
Blackstone Central Compliance seeks to hire individuals who are detail-oriented, process-driven, and have a genuine desire to learn and grow in a team-based setting. Prior internship or work experience in the financial services industry or legal industry is preferred. The successful candidate should have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player with a desire to contribute to a collaborative work environment
- Exceptional ability to project-manage disparate workstreams
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to continuously learn
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Substantial initiative, creativity, and drive
To be considered for the Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Anticipated graduation date: December 2022 – May 2023
- Resume must include major, expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.