We are looking for a Information Security Intern to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Opportunity maybe remote during COVID-19 related restrictions.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Ability to build and implement scripts to support some of the Incident response activities on SOAR platforms.
· Ability to create reports and documentation on all incidents and procedures; presenting findings to security management on a routine basis
· Develops and publishes metrics and dashboards demonstrating security posture and incident activity.
· Performs system administration tasks necessary for security tool platform maintenance, typically on endpoint security and SOAR systems.
· Experience in developing Security Test and Evaluation Plans and analyzing the results of security test activities to evaluate the existence and effectiveness of security controls
· Assist in inventory and documentation of equipment and devices
· Knowledge of application security and development processes and technologies a plus
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
· Strong programming skills – Python/ Yaml preferred
· Good understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science & Computer Security
· Exemplify strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
· Ability to work cross functionally with other IT engineers
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.