CLOSES: Until Filled
JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher
REPORTS TO: Campus Director
DEPT. / SCHOOL: Academic / Bob Hope School / Assigned Campus
WAGE / HOUR STATUS: As needed
PAY GRADE: Substitute Pay Scale ($70 Non-degreed; $90 Degreed)
To continue with the application process, complete the employment application on the school’s website at http://www.bobhopeschool.org
In the absence of the teacher, provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Associates degree or greater, preferred
o Knowledge of subjects assigned
o General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
o Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
o Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
o Able to remain flexible and adapt to changing demands
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assume all responsibilities and duties assigned to the classroom teacher.
2. Implement lesson plans provided by the classroom teacher that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program.
3. Implement classroom teacher designed lesson plans that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles, use appropriate instructional strategies and materials.
4. By following teacher lesson plans, present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas
Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
5. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed for special
education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
6. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aides(s) when necessary.
7. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
8. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and
emotional development of students.
9. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and abide by personnel policies
10. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
11. Establish and maintain open communication and professional relationship with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
12. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
13. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required (examples may include but not limited to grading papers, completing attendance procedures, and filling out substitute teacher report) .
15. Attend and participate in faculty meetings when serving as a long term substitute.
16. Record and turn in money to the office that was collected during the day.
17. Report all student injuries, accidents, and illnesses to appropriate authority immediately.
18. Report all suspected abuse to CPS/police and the Campus Director.
19. Maintain confidentiality regarding students and staff personnel information.
21. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and maintain emotional control under stress.
22. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Computer with appropriate software, printer, calculator, copier, facsimile machine, overhead projector, and other specialized equipment that is particularly unique to the teaching assignment.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and minor lifting.
2. Move and carry small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
3. May have exposure to biological hazards.
4. Occasional moderate lifting.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
ABOUT BOB HOPE SCHOOL
Bob Hope School is a growing open-enrollment public charter school (non-profit) providing parents a choice in their child’s education. Bob Hope Elementary is a Montessori / Dual-Language campus. Instruction is conducted in a two-way immersion program, where teachers fluent in English teach ELA and those fluent in Spanish teach SLA and are supported by teacher aides with a strong command of both languages. Campuses are located in Port Arthur and Beaumont, Texas. The Hughen Center, Inc. is the charter holder of Bob Hope School.
Bob Hope School provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $70.00 – $90.00 per day