Full Time, Days. 40 hours/week
Pay range is between $15-$22.09/hr, depending on years of relevant and like experience.
The Rehab Services Representatives are responsible for the smooth operation of the front office of the Rehabilitation Areas. This includes greeting patients, providing information, answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing active Rehab medical records, facilitating patient admissions into the system and a variety of other duties pertinent to optimal customer service, patient flow and efficient staff utilization.
Education or Formal Training
- High school graduate preferred
- Medical terminology course preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Good organizational skills
- Proper phone etiquette and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills including ability to identify multiple factors that may impact decisions and then select best option
- Ability to exercise tact, judgment and persuasiveness in creating and maintaining harmonious relations in working with co-workers, patients, families, visitors, physicians, visitors and the public
- Must be able to maintain composure in a busy setting with many interruptions
- Must be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Prefer Three years experience working in an office setting, preferably medical, with public contact, reception and scheduling duties
- Familiarity with multiple line phone systems and intercom systems
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Requires 6-8 hours of sitting and/or standing, walking and frequent changes of position, tolerance to a high noise level, multiple interruptions and an ability to meet deadlines
- Must have manual dexterity to write and to operate required equipment, and be able to lift items from floor to 12 inches over head of varying weights primarily less than 20 pounds
- Visual acuity for reading reports, appointment book, using computer
- Hearing acuity to use telephone, communicate with staff, patients, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits and promotes ENCORE! principles and philosophy.
- Communicates effectively with public, peers, patients, physicians, clinicians, etc.
- Answers and screens all Rehab services phone calls, transfers calls or takes messages as appropriate. Furnishes information regarding the departments and services as requested.
- Schedules new Rehab evaluations, completes intakes as appropriate and follow-up appointments.
- Handles all phone contacts regarding referrals, scheduling of staffing and cancellations.
- Does daily filing.
- Maintains appropriate scheduling systems and appropriate documentation, patient care, meeting times, etc.
- Works with Patient Support Services in getting patients admitted with minimal inconvenience and does admissions as necessary.
- Screens, sorts, and distributes mail and faxes.
- Is responsible for administrative management of patients including maintaining contract and insurance carrier and referral source when necessary.
- Exercises good judgment in referring complex situations to appropriate nurse case managers or director for more detailed follow-up.
- Fax documents and requests as needed by therapists.
- Maintains case management notes pertaining to authorizations and contacts with insurance carriers as well as with patient contact information.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace