About the role
Are you passionate about developing new processes using biology-based systems to meet the world’s energy demands while transitioning to a low-carbon economy? Come join our team of scientist and engineers working on finding answers to complex challenges. You will learn about approaches for development and deployment of innovative energy bio-based technologies, from origination to commercialization, and advance bp’s agenda towards a net zero world.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- Interact closely with biosciences capability teams, synthetic biology, biochemistry/enzymology, microbiology and analytical.
- Perform lab-based research and experimentation in support of active projects
- Apply biological and engineering principles to design, build and optimize enzymatic and microbial processes for the production of low carbon biofuels and bio-molecules
- Delve into the latest in biological and biochemical technology, with an emphasis on low-carbon industrial practices
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be in final year, graduating by May 2022
- No sponsorship available for this position
- Pursuing Bachelor or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, or related disciplines.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic and proactive, passionate approach to learn and inspire
- Be an imaginative / creative problem solver
- Energetic communicator open to co-create and collaborate on a cross-functional team
- Keen analytical skills and critical thinking to design and execute experiments and interpret results.