Crafting enriching experiences
As a child care teacher at Bright Horizons, we help you explore your age group preference with opportunities to work with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers. You’ll enjoy a warm and supportive environment where you are encouraged to share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents, and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators in state-of-the-art classrooms and pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Your guidance and positive reinforcement will help set the stage for many incredible milestones to come.
At Bright Horizons, you’ll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development, and tuition reimbursement, including the opportunity to earn your ECE college degree for FREE! Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives, and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
How will you inspire our future generation?
What you will do as a Child Care Teacher
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children participating in activities you planned
- Observe children’s interests and work with co-workers to develop creative ideas for engaging curriculum
- Record and share children’s triumphs and progress with parents, relating that continued safety and attention to their individual basic care needs is a top priority
- Communicate with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children’s latest adventures and achievements through a variety of avenues, including mobile apps and personal discussions
- Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
REQUIREMENTS (Must meet State requirements)
- Must meet state requirements for Teacher and additional center/school requirements may apply.
- High School diploma/GED required. Related college-level course work or CDA course work preferred. CDA or working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must meet state experience requirements for Teacher; 12 months of professional teaching experience preferred.
- With Regional Manager approval, extensive teaching experience may substitute for education requirements, provided a professional development plan is in place.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum practice.