Benchmarking and Compliance Intern – Tenant Data
Reports To: Manager of Fannie Mae Measurement
Location: New York, New York
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable buildings since 2004. We believe a meaningful difference in climate change will only be realized if it is easy for building owners to make their buildings better.
Our approach is simple: we find energy and water problems in buildings, we fix them, and we follow up to make sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!
Bright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
The Strategic Initiatives Business Unit of Bright Power is seeking detail-oriented and motivated interns to join our Access Team. Bright Power works with property owners who have loans through the Fannie Mae Green Loan program and helps them meet their utility data reporting requirements.
The Benchmarking & Compliance Tenant Data Intern will research, review, and request whole-building or individual apartment authorization forms and utility data required for compliance. This position plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of the entire program.
- Communicate with utility companies to submit documents, request tenant data, and troubleshoot ongoing requests
- Research utility companies policies for data release
- Conduct quality assurance of utility data authorization forms from external clients
- Prepare, transfer and store documents to ensure high standard of accuracy and organization
- Troubleshoot and communicate issues relating to data access and quality
- Collaborate with team members to improve workflow processes
- Contribute to other Strategic Initiatives projects as needed
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and writing emails to external parties
- Self-motivated and self-organizing direction — this position works with an end deliverable for a client that has many moving pieces
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience with spreadsheet based programs — Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with utility bill data
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback
- Experience in the real estate, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainability or building operations world
- Experience with cloud-based CRM platforms — Salesforce
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio Manager, especially for Multifamily Buildings and Commercial
- Experience in fundraising, political campaigning, or sales
What you get out of working at Bright Power
- Opportunity to learn about energy management, working with utilities and utility data, and sustainable buildings
- Full-time position at $17 hourly salary
- Training in utility benchmarking and industry-standard software tools
- Networking with leaders across Bright Power’s business units, and connections to leaders in the building and energy industry
- 8 hours of paid time off per month
- Be part of a team that is hard-working and driven, but doesn’t take itself too seriously
COVID Vaccination Policy
As of September 1st, Bright Power will require employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws, Bright Power will allow for medical and religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.