The Senior Staff Assistant will coordinate efforts by the Institute of Strategic Enhancement of Educational Diversity (iSEED) at UB. iSEED will catalyze building a culturally and intellectually diverse and academically inclusive community of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and staff.
The Senior Staff Assistant (iSEED Program Coordinator) will collaborate and assume an active role in the integration of various iSEED initiatives with the University’s overall vision, by working with leaders in each of the Schools to facilitate and integrate diversity efforts at all levels.
The iSEED Program Coordinator will actively participate and contribute to the preparation of grant proposals, and will interact with the various schools leadership to continuously generate funds to support iSEED mission.
The successful candidate will play a collaborative and active role in the integration of various iSEED initiatives with the University’s overall vision and mission.
- Partake in a team-oriented leadership style.
- Assist the iSEED directors in all aspects associated with iSEED organization and management, including running the activities for the iSEED Executive and Steering Committees. The iSEED Senior Program Coordinator will actively participate and contribute to the preparation of grant proposals, and will interact with the leadership of various University’s Schools to continuously generate funds to support the iSEED mission.
- Interact with the leadership of various University’s Schools to develop strategies to continuously increase diversity and inclusion in graduate and faculty programs to fulfill the iSEED mission.
- Direct and coordinate all activities related to the iSEED Summer Research Experience and iSEED Graduate Fellows Program as well as other pipeline programs aimed to increase diversity in Stem and biomedical/bioscience.
- Coordinate iSEED orientations for undergraduate, masters and PhD graduate students; organize and facilitate activities to increase success and retention. Active participation in graduate student recruitment from either the summer program, contacts from conferences, and/or school visits. Coordinate graduate student recruitment and enrollment with graduate programs.
- Understanding of STEM Science and the ability to create content and facilitate research communication workshops on professional development and on grant award writing and fellowship preparation for undergraduate and graduate students. Workshops are delivered on line and/or in person. Coordinate and provide administrative oversight for programs and office events, including logistical planning of events (seminars. workshops, conferences special talks, etc) in collaboration with iSEED leadership and other groups both in person and virtually. Programming will be focused in increasing diversity, inclusion and social justice for undergraduate, graduate, postdocs and/or faculty.
- Coordinate, implement and assess the institute’s communication initiatives across campus, including preparation of marketing documents and newsletters, and collaboration with other programs.
The iSEED Program is a collaborative effort stretching across multiple schools including the Jacobs School of Medicine and the College of Arts and Science.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of administrative experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills in the science and academic fields. Applicants should be highly flexible, organized and willing to work in a large and diverse team of individuals that include students, professors and senior institutional leadership.
MS/MA or PhD degree in bioscience or education