Why shouldn’t a project use high performance, low energy building systems?
As a Building Services (MEP) engineer you will collaborate and work the architects, and other engineers, to develop creative, energy efficient buildings that provide both aesthetic to its physical surrounding and utility to its occupants. We at Buro Happold work as part of a global team, balance client’s aspirations with engineering constraints, to design high performance, low energy building systems. We use advanced modelling techniques to analyze the building envelope and its floor layouts. Our innovatively designed systems are then integrated into the building fabric, to create functional internal spaces and balanced, controllable conditions.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is top of our corporate agenda
- Undertake detailed design across plumbing and fire protection, ground sanitary/waste and rainwater drainage systems, below ground drainage, domestic hot and cold water services, rainwater harvesting systems, black and grey water systems, and gas systems
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard – within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
- Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals, and suppliers
- Plan and manage the input of geometry and data into Revit models
- Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems via visual programming
- Contribute to our open source coding platform BHoM (bhom.xyz)
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and/or fluid hydraulics/dynamics
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
- Our strength is in our diversity, and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged, and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
- Develop cutting edge design solutions which prioritize the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!