Why shouldn’t a project use high performance, low energy building systems?
As a Graduate Smart IoT/Building Management System (BMS) Engineer, you will work across a wide range of projects and sectors. You will have the opportunity to work on the development of deliverables for smart building & IoT projects including discovery, solutioning, systems diagrams, data flow diagrams for BAS, BMS and integrated automation of all building systems. You will have the opportunity to attend and participate in project and client meetings. Working closely with all stakeholders, design teams, and vendor partners you will collaborate to develop optimal technical design solutions. In addition, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of internal education for staff around Smart Building/District/City and IoT advisory services!
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
· Act as a trusted advisor and primary point of contact for clients on topics including new digital technologies for buildings, cross-system integration, virtualization, data management, and data analysis.
· Prepare drawings, specifications and perform system design calculations
· Select equipment for use in building systems and write reports
· Assist clients in vendor leveling/selection/procurement of “best of breed” solutions
· Attend project meetings while Interfacing with clients and contractors
· Interface with internal leaders, and practice area leaders
· Work closely with the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing and technology project design teams
· Manage quality control and resource management
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
· Degree in Electromechanical or Electronics Engineering, or a related field with an electromechanical or IT background
· Experience using Revit is preferred
· Knowledge of Building Automation systems by Honeywell, Siemens, Schneider, Niagara, JCI, Automated Logics and others beneficial
· Understanding of data security strategies and technologies to protect intellectual property assets
· Ability to translate end user requirements into actionable technical systems specifications
· Experience scoping and delivering enterprise-level software solutions
· Demonstrated proficiency with standard business management tools (MS Project, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word) and templates
· Excellent planning, organizing, analysis and problem-solving skills. Strong background and understanding in the planning and execution of projects.
· Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of business needs, risks, and regulatory implications in the development/assessment of design alternatives
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines and be able to multi-task
· Ability to use discretion with sensitive/confidential information
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
- Our strength is in our diversity, and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged, and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
- Develop cutting edge design solutions which prioritize the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!